Re: some questions

1) It's possible. You can start with English, add Japanese later.
2) Most distributions do that, although you might have to provide
     details yourself.

Also, I'd say that this mailing list is THE place for yout kind of needs, but
before shooting off questions, I urge you to get a hold of a "Linux for
Newbies" type of book.  With your experience with Unices, there shouldn't
be any problem in understanding them, and you can choose one that comes
with an Installation CD, which might make things easier.

Also, it sounds like you are going to immediately proceed to installing the
thing on your office server, without understanding what's going on. That's
not really recommendable; get a cheap sub BBB machine (read "junk grade")
and try to play around with it for a day or so, get the feel for it, and then
use it for work.

Best,