Wireless LAN + Linux + Japan == ??

When Simon Cozens was here we played with an 802.11b LAN, one side my
iBook with Airport card, and Simon's laptop on the other.

It worked great and now I'm hooked, but to follow my dream I need to put
an 802.11b card in my PCI-bus desktop PC (running Linux of course).

Looking at the Wireless LAN HowTo at
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/ I see lots of Lucent
wavelan IEEE, Orinoco, and many other vendors are supported in Linux 2.4.

However, a quick look at some Japanese hardware shops (Laox, etc) shows
lots of brand names that aren't mentioned in the Linux HowTo, like Meruko,
Elecom, Planex, Adtec, Accton, NTT-ME, I-O Data, NEC, Corega, etc.

Are any of these repackaged Lucent/Orinoco cards?

I'm having a hard time spotting an intersection between the Wireless LAN
HowTo's supported hardware list and the local offerings in Akihabara.

Thanks...
--
Tod McQuillin