RE: NIC problem

wait you *added* a localnet route?  That can sometimes be a Bad Thing, too.

-----Original Message-----
From: Glenn Evanish [mailto:glenn@example.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 7:53 AM
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: Re: NIC problem

> maybe it's not adding routes to the local network?  I've seen that once or
> twice before.. show us an output from "netstat -rn"...

Guys you're going to have to trust me on this, as I pulled the hard disk, CD
and one card out and proceded to do the setup on the computer I'm typing on
now, and everything went without a hitch.  The original box is unavailable
to give you the output, as I'd have to put it back together and save the
output to a text file on a floppy to add to this email.

ifconfig looked perfectly normal, and adding the route was the first thing I
did.  The cards were a 3Com 3c509b-tp and a PCI 9700-T, two cards that we
all know work great with Linux.  The cables were fine.

I guess I was hoping that there be some secret (to me) other X factors about
that might give me somewhere to explore.  Otherwise the box gets Windozed
and goes back to being my kids' gameboy.  Hmmm, would be interesting to see
if the cards work under W98...

Glenn
> Scott M. Stone <sstone@example.com>
> Senior Technical Consultant - UNIX and Networking
> Taos, the Sysadmin Company - Santa Clara, CA

Next Technical Meeting:  Sat, July 14 13:30-
Next Nomikai Meeting:    Fri, Aug  10 19:30-  Tengu Tokyo Eki-Mae