RE: selecting DB on linux

Thanks to all who replied.  Was leaning toward postgresql given that it had
proper DB transactions, etc.  Seems that it also has a reasonable memory /
cpu footprint so will go with it.  Would be curious to see more recent
comparisons of mysql vs postgresql performance.

As for Oracle, would recommend staying away from it - very poor packaging,
installation, and resource utilization on Linux.  Also didn't help that
versions they shipped often didn't work properly without hacking quite a
bit.  G-d knows why they are so succesful, their product definitely keeps
DBAs in business with its arcane installation, administration, etc.  I'm not
thrilled with sybase either but still much better packaging than Oracle.

Anyway, postgresql looks like it will do what we need for now.

JS

winmail.dat