Re: Unicode TTF containing CJK?

"SN_Diamond" <Norman.Diamond@example.com> wrote:
>> Jim Breen wrote:
>> > That's the risk - it's
>> > bloody had to go backwards after a failed upgrade.
>>
>> For testing purposes, I suggest doing a clean install.

In fact, that's what I will probably do.

>> If you have
>> sufficient disk space, make a new partition for it and hide the old
>> partition(s) except that it's safe to use the same swap partition.
>> Otherwise use something like Ghost[*] to back up your Linux partitions onto
>> an external drive if it will do so.  Otherwise physically swap out your
>> internal hard drive and swap in a new one.

When I get back to Oz I'm getting a new office system which has a 40Gb
disk. I intend to set up RH7.1 there, bringing my /home over from the
notebook. Once that's settled I can safely blow away the Linux partition
on the notebook and start again. I need to repartition anyway, as I
don't at all like the partition structure that I let the RH6.2 build.

Jim
--
Jim Breen  [jwb@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/]
Visiting Professor, Institute for the Study of Languages and Cultures of