Re: Apache question

>PS. rotatelogs is a c program included in the apache source. You can
>probably find it with locate. RH also has a logrotate program which deals
>with system logfiles (including RH apache). This is different then the
>rotatelogs program I mention above.

Thanks for pointing this out!

>PPS. apachectl is the apache control start/stop/configcheck/reload/etc
>script. Not sure where RH puts it by default. Just use locate to find it.

Hum ... I did try locate apachectl on my RH6.2 machine and nothing came up
... is maybe only in the newer distros?

>PPPS. I also recommend building/installing apache yourself rather than the
>default RH rpms.

I would but this is a production machine ... and unfortunately because of
problems with windows machines at out company I have not had anytime to
"play" enough with Linux to feel comfortable changing any in production.

If only there were no windows machines in this world ...

Jc