Linux drivers for Fujitsu TFT monitors

Hello,

Does anyone happen to know if there are linux drivers
available for the new snazzy 17 inch wide ekishou
(liquid crystal) TFT monitors made by Fujitsu for their
Fmv series (I don't know the actual model number of
the monitor I saw but it comes with the Fmv c6/86
desktop series).

Officially Fujitsu does not know anything about Linux
so I don't really know the best way to get information
about Linux support for less common hardware.

If so, where can I find them?

If not, what TFT monitors are there drivers for?

Or even better, where would be the best place to find
this kind of information online. I tried various searches
but can't seem to find a site that lists supported
video  monitors.

More generally, where is the best
place to find information on less common hardware
supported by various linux distributions
(particularly for hardware available in Japan).

Thanks,

Jimmy