Re: Japanese in Linux

Liton wrote:
I'm not comfortable to use even Linux and never used emacs but,
I need to use japanese. I don't know how to use search engine in
linux, it's pretty easy in Windows to find a file or folder. So I was
trying to find LEIM(file/folder) going through all the directories.
Well, when I installed RH, I installed everything. So, I think if I
have LEIM in the cdrom, I have it in my computer too. So, can
you please tell me how to activate LEIM, if you have the time.
Thank you.
Liton,

You should install freewnn and kinput2.
Then do 'export LC_ALL=ja_JP" in your shell before running the desired application.  You should be able to input japanese into netscape, mozilla (some builds don't work for me), gnome, kde, kterm, and so on.
You should also read the manpages, some relevant howtos and the tlug archieves if things don't work.
Good luck.

B0Ti.