Re: Linux and ADSL

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 10:37:10AM -0700, Scott Stone wrote:

> :)  bah NTT.  For whatever reason, though, here in the states at least,
> PacBell seems to have a much faster provisioning time than any of the other
> DSL providers (10 days from initial order call to technician at my house
> plugging it in).  Even more surprising, since almost all of their
> competition has recently gone tango-uniform.

But, they are cheaper as monopolist.
They provide a modem as rental price of 400yen per month and
initial price of 2000yen as setup work plus 800 as new dedicated
line. Eaccess isps charge around 20000yen for inital cost probably
for buying a modem. And seems 1000yen more for running cost.
In a land of promises that FTTH in a few years. I don't know if
it is good investment to buy  a modem.
And for static ip, Eaccess isps charge more than ocn economy.

For people who value price over time, NTT group will prevail.
I am not proud but, I stay with ntt as business decision.