Re: ISDN and windowsME

It is probably a non-routable class c address space with the
ISDN TA doing NAT. Is there an IP address written on any of the
equipment, like the TA or cables, monitors, machines? If there
is just give yourself a random IP on this, something high like
.230 or something. Most places use 198.162.1.0 as their network.
Try this. The TA should probably be .1 or .254 which would be your
gateway. netmask would be 255.255.255.0. The only info you are
missing then is DNS.

But more than likely, the TA is setup to do DHCP? try setting that
on your client also and seeing if you get any luck that way. Try
some other machines on the lan by doing ipconfig /a like before
to see if you can see what the network info is and using that.
The 0.0.0.0 stuff sounds like that machine doesn't have an ip
address either. Basically there should be nothing special about
using ISDN that you have to worry too much about. It's just your
gateway and probably your DHCP server.

Best thing to do is walk around and try and find the info other machines
on the same lan are using or looking for labels. I assume there are no
techies about. When you figure it out, label stuff like it should be
for the next guy.

Good luck,

Tom.

Thomas O'Dowd. - Nooping - http://nooper.com