Re: What's closing off port 25?

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 09:57:52PM +0900, Jonathan Q wrote:
> Thomas O'Dowd (tom@example.com) wrote:
>
> > Have a look at /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail. It loads up access lists
> > etc from /etc/mail directory. You should be able to see what it is
> > doing.
>
> I'd be really happy if I were getting far enough for that
> to maatter :-)  This is strictly a case of:
>
> telnet uucp.yamame.org 25
> rying 203.216.22.19...

Sorry, I didn't try it out before mailing :( I usually run exim
but thought I'd play with sendmail since it seemed like an interesting
problem.

In /etc/sendmail.cf there is a line...

O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA

If you comment this, it will work as I believe this restricts it to
only accepting connections from localhost. There is probably an m4
file somewhere, perhaps /etc/mail that also has the option from which
you can generate your sendmail.cf file.

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd. - Nooping - http://nooper.com