Familiar Distribution for iPAQ

The recent "mine is smaller than yours" debate encourages me to
mention the "Familiar" distiribution which runs on my Compaq
iPAQ.  It is a (nearly[*]) fully functional distribution
including Tiny-X, blackbox, OpenSSH, rsync, Python, PyGTK, etc.
in about 13 MB.

http://familiar.handhelds.org/

It uses anti-aliased TrueType fonts, which are (almost) readable
at the default 7 pt size.  Data entry uses either the xvkbd
virtual keyboard or a Graffiti-like fscrib.

WinCE is more "usable" when mobile (almost entirely because of
its brilliant Transcriber character recognition), but Linux on
the iPAQ is far more customizable for the nerd.

Jim

[*] I haven't installed jed yet.  :-)

--
Jim Tittsler