Re: cvs ci -m "<Japanese Characters>", does cvs support this?

On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 04:33:12PM +0900, Antony Stace wrote:
> Hi
>

> Can someone tell me if cvs is able to handle Japanese characters in the
> text which is entered as an update description when checking a file into
> cvs.  I havent been having any luck.

Works fine for me here on my Linux box, and I've even used it under WinCVS on
Windows, too, once upon a time.

Could it be that something else--like, say, your terminal emulator stripping
off high bits or something--is causing the problem? What happens if you
don't use -m and use an editor to type in the update description instead?

--
Shimpei Yamashita                               http://www.shimpei.org/