Re: PS2 Linux

Hi all,

  I think not the all person signed on the page. But it's ok.;-)

In message <20010429181719.A4988@example.com>you write:
> Yamagata Hiroo wrote:
> > Well, the petition seems to have worked!
> > http://www.mainichi.co.jp/digital/computing/archive/200104/27/3.html

> > I wonder how usable it is, just a raw environment or what? And the display
> > seems to be VGA. Hmmm...

  X can be configured by software to display SVGA or something. I think
that it only depends on the frame buffer memory size, doesn't it?
Physical interface is VGA D-SUB just liken normal PCs.

> Thanks everybody for signing!
> (FYI: I am runngin the English page of the petition)

  Yeah, thank you, from me too. Yamagata-san or Tomita-san is more
appropriate person than us to maintain those pages... I received the
e-mail today which correct my bad English. ;-O

> The screen-shot makes it look like a normal workstation. Wonder how fast
> it is. My Dreamcast is autobuilding Debian packages most of the time and
> it takes about 1 hour to build GnuPG. Don't wand to even think about
> glibc and/or X.

  PS2 has 300MHz MIPS based chip. I think it corresponds celeron 400MHz
or so.

== Money is one of the minimum conditions to do anything, but... =======
  Shin MICHIMUKO <smitimko@example.com> http://www.peanuts.gr.jp/