Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
firewall acting strange ...
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: firewall acting strange ...
- From: "Jean-Christian Imbeault" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 03:08:51 -0000
- Cc: email@example.com
- Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <OybeKC.A.c6C.MRj66@example.com>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
After much help from Svend I've finally been able set up a laptop with freeBSD to act as a firewall. Everything was working fine until I accidentally deleted my /etc/rc.conf file. ARGH!! (Sorry Svend!) I've put everything I can think off back into rc.conf but I'm still having problems. Firstly when I boot the boot sequence freezes at this step: starting standard daemons: inetd cron sendmail I can only get the boot sequence to keep going if I press CTRL-C. I have a gol DSL connection using a router-type modem. I used to be able to ping my router but no more ... Here's a copy of my rc.conf file. Can anyone think of what's missing? pccard_enable="YES" gateway_enable="YES" firewall_enable="YES" natd_interface="ed2" natd_enable="YES" natd_flags="-dynamic" firewall_script="/etc/firewall/rules.conf" # -- sysinstall generated deltas -- # ifconfig_ed1="DHCP" ifconfig_ed2="inet 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0" defaultrouter="172.25.0.1" hostname="pc98150.jc.com" _________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.
- Re: firewall acting strange ...
- From: Jonathan Q <email@example.com>
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: Linux for the PlayStation 2
- Next by Date: Re: Linux TV tuner trouble
- Prev by thread: Re: Linux for the PlayStation 2
- Next by thread: Re: firewall acting strange ...
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links