Re: Setting Deafult Font Size in X

> How reasonable is Red Hat's Japanese support now, as of 7.1? Their initial
> attempts were pretty pathetic, but how much have they improved?

I'm checking 7.1-ja ftp version.  My impression is that they did a
very good job(of cource, comparing to 6.2 and 7 :-).

1. X now can display Japanese TrueType fonts
2. Netscape is as good as the one included in Vine 2.1.5
3. Printtool includes entries of many printers available only in Japan
4. Ghostscript supports VFlib

I haven't checked samba, so no comment for SWAT.
I should have checked whether PPP tool(s) support Japanese TAs

Some pepople might miss some Japanese patches included in Vine or Kondara.

Tcl/tk(wish ?) doesn't support kinput2.

If I need the kernel 2.4 now, I can live with Redhat7.1J.
But my current favorite is still Vine2.1.5.