Re: ISP recommendations (Tokyo)

Kyle Wright <webmaster@example.com> wrote:

> http://www.freecom.ne.jp provides free dial-up that worked just find
> under RedHat when I tried it.  No software download required, but you
> need to use their proxy to browse so they can show you ads.

Thanks for the suggestion Kyle.

Does FTP, SSH, etc work under this thing or is it web only?

> Also, you
> need to be able to read Japanese to understand their website and get
> through the registration process.

Thats a bummer. My Japanese is at a really basic level. I can read
Hiragana and Katakana slowly and I know about 1 Kanji.

I am however perfectly happy to pay for a an ISP connection and definitely
need a full unrestricted connection to the net.

Regards,
Erik