Re: Meadow: Can't display Japanese characters

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Shimpei Yamashita wrote:

> I'll post my Meadow .emacs file tomorrow if a) I remember, and b) the
> stomach flu I'm suffering from right now doesn't keep me away from
> work.

Thanks. That should help fix my problem...

> > Why do you need Meadow?  In what ways are GNU Emacs/NT or XEmacs for
> > NT insufficient?
>
> Does GNU emacs or xemacs for NT support Windows IME? I've been happy enough
> with Meadow that I haven't bothered checking recently. If they don't, that's
> a big strike against them.

I can't find any way of getting Windows IME to work with GNU emacs. The
emacs for Windows FAQ (http://www.cs.washington.edu/~voelker/ntemacs.html)
says: "Meadow also has a couple of features that are still missing from
NTEmacs, such as support for native IMEs and the special keys on Japanese
keyboards."

-Philip Mak (pmak@example.com)