Re: How to automate email retrieval

>> From: "Jean-Christian Imbeault" <jean_christian@example.com>
>> Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 02:29:01 -0000
>>
>> >I use a clunky old thing called fetchpop. I run it hourly via a cron job.
>> >You have a control file with the POP-server's address, etc. Seems fine.
>>
>> I've been doing abit of reading and it seems fetchmail might be an option.
>> Any comments?

Yes, use it. I was forgetting it was Linux (8-|); I use fetchpop on a
Solaris, which of course doesn't come with all the Linuxy goodies.

>> Where does fetchpop put the email?

Locks the mailbox and appends it.

>> >I can send you the tarball if you can't find it elsewhere.
>>
>> How big is the tarball?

About 40k.

From the look of fetchmail's man page, it is much more sophisticated.
I'd get the rpm and install it, if you don't have it already. (My RH6.2
has it installed.)

Jim
--
Jim Breen  [jwb@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/]
Visiting Professor, Institute for the Study of Languages and Cultures of