Re: pine & japanese

>> Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 14:02:33 +0900
>> From: Shimpei Yamashita <shimpei@example.com>
>>
>> Well, the copy of mutt-jp (1.0.1i-jp) I'm currently using does put
>> "charset=iso-2022-jp" in the headers when I send out mail in Japanese, so at
>> least that problem seems to be solved, assuming that the whole -jp concept
>> isn't too hackish for you to begin with. If you don't use any language
>> besides English and Japanese, it's fine. I don't know about other languages.

The trouble is that the mutt I'd use at Monash is on a Solaris box and
about 50 people use mutt from it. I wouldn't get too far making the
sysadmin install a much older version (we have 1.1.9i installed) in a
special-language hack.

That version, which does have a few patches, actually honours the .rc
file's code setting (the standard release doesn't), but screws up muchly
on the handling of attachment codes. Trying to attach an EUC document,
for example, results in a mess.

Jim
--
Jim Breen  [jwb@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/]
Visiting Professor, Institute for the Study of Languages and Cultures of