Re: Tiresome not-even-newbie question

SN_Diamond wrote:

> Fredric Fredricson wrote:
>
> > I recently installed Suse 7.0 on my Dell.
> > Everything (X, sound, network etc.) work
> > right out of the box.
>
> Does Japanese also work right out of the box?  I had heard rumours that Suse
> was weak in that area (i.e. even worse than the Red Hat 7.0 Japanese
> version) but will be glad to know if the rumours were wrong.
>
> The usual problems are:  keyboard layout in text mode, keyboard layout under
> X, both problems worsening when it's a USB keyboard, and then finally kanji
> conversion of input.

<blush> Haven't tested. Don't use it much. </blush>

I don't think that Japanese support is very good with this
Suse release (we probably heard the same rumors ;-) and I am not
very good at the Japanese stuff but I will check when I get access
to the computer (it's at the office and I am at home right now).

There is no USB keyboard on the Dell CPx but there is a USB bus
somewhere (I think).

/Fredric