Re: Tiresome not-even-newbie question

Fredric Fredricson wrote:

> I recently installed Suse 7.0 on my Dell.
> Everything (X, sound, network etc.) work
> right out of the box.

Does Japanese also work right out of the box?  I had heard rumours that Suse
was weak in that area (i.e. even worse than the Red Hat 7.0 Japanese
version) but will be glad to know if the rumours were wrong.

The usual problems are:  keyboard layout in text mode, keyboard layout under
X, both problems worsening when it's a USB keyboard, and then finally kanji
conversion of input.

-- Norman Diamond