Re: flets isdn

On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 08:01:34PM +0900, Austin Kurahone wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 05:50:55PM +0900, Austin Kurahone wrote:
> > Flets ISDN works find with U*IX(TM).  I use it.  I'm not neccecarily
> > happy about it, but it's the best I can get right now.  Currently I
> > have a 486 doing firewall/gateway duty (running FreeBSD), but that's going
> > to be replaced with a real router sometime this weekend assuming nothing
> > weird happens.
> Ok, posting a follow up.
> Something about the Flets ISDN line service is profoundly weird, to the point
> of making the Cisco 1003 that I was planing on using, refuse to connect.
>
> I'm fairly sure that it has something to do with the weird HDLC encapsulated
> PPP mode that I had to force my NTT MN128 TA to use to dial up correctly.

When I first switched to Flets with my NEC Comstarz router, it wouldn't
work. I found out that NEC had a new image available at their website
and after downloading that it worked. I'd previously connected to my
ISP with non flets before with no problems though.

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd                   Noop-de-Noop!
tom@example.com                  http://www.nooper.com