Re: i815E and SiS630 video drivers

>>>>> "cs" == Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@example.com> writes:

    cs> On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 07:11:53PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull
    cs> wrote:
    >> Ditto, NetBSD 1.5 (XF86 3.3.6 iirc) and Gateway 3350.  Ah well.
    >> wscons is pretty badly hosed (vc switching hooks into the APM,
    >> which then proceeds to crash the system by triggering the
    >> nonexistent USB hub)

    cs> Yargh.  Looks like a _really_ broken APM BIOS implementation.

Actually, I've since become convinced it's the keyboard.  What happens
is that the APM suspend function is supposed to be inovked by Fn+F3.
But Ctrl+Alt+F3 does it on the upstroke.  I think it matters what
order I release the keys in (or maybe I'm accidentally hitting the Fn
key, which is conveniently located between the Ctl and Alt keys).

As for the USB port, that could just as easily be in the NetBSD code
as in the BIOS from the symptoms I'm seeing, since it looks like
NetBSD is trying to manipulate the USB hub.

    >> as is the Japanese keyboard.

    cs> wsconsctl -w encoding=jp

That is what is hosed.  No tilde over the zero, and tilde substituted
for overbar over the carat.  I figured out how to fix it, but it took
some detective work.  Just call me Conan.