Re: i815E and SiS630 video drivers

>>>>> "cs" == Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@example.com> writes:

    cs> There is no chance in hell that the X server included in that
    cs> revision of Slackware will support your card.  Upgrade.

Ditto, NetBSD 1.5 (XF86 3.3.6 iirc) and Gateway 3350.  Ah well.
wscons is pretty badly hosed (vc switching hooks into the APM, which
then proceeds to crash the system by triggering the nonexistent USB
hub), too, as is the Japanese keyboard.  However, once I found out
that the kernel debugger had a sync command, the post-oops fscks went
away.  Cool!  Why doesn't Linux have that?

Everything else works, except for the fsckin' "everybody's favorite
FTP client" which breaks EFS.  Give me ncftp, or give me Netscape.
(That's the original quote, at least the semantics are identical.)
The bootselect MBR is particularly sweet.  Dunno about the 8GB line,
but it breaks the 2GB line no sweat.  In 446 bytes.  Grossly Revolting
Undisciplined Bootloader, just say no.  :-)

However, the docs were done by GNOME.  "Viewers: this operating system
is for professionals.  Don't try this at home."