Re: Italian Input?

> Does anyone know how to handle Italian characters? Do I have to install
> italian fonts?

The capital of Italy (Italia) is Rome (Roma).  That is the same city that
conquered many others in Europe and a few other places and ruled over the
Roman empire.  A language called Latin developed there, and a character set
called ISO 8859-1 developed there.  Actually they didn't have so many
letters at first.  X was added so they wouldn't need to use 2 letters (KS)
to represent the sound of the Greek letter xi.  J and U and W and Y and Z
were also added, giving a total of 26.  Japan calls those letters Ro-maji.
Actually ISO 8859-1 has some additional characters, because some European
countries have added additional letters, such as accented vowels and some
others.  I think that Italian, English, and Japanese Ro-maji didn't add more
letters after the fall of the Roman empire.  So if you want to input in
Italian, you can use any Japanese font or Latin-based font, and a Japanese
keyboard.

Hope this helps  ^_^

Yours sincerely,
Norman Diamond