Re: Next question...

Jim Breen wrote:

> As for the 2.4 kernel, I guess now would be a good time for a
> replacement kernel. I am afraid I am a babe in arms when it somes to
> changing kernels. I see the Rehat site is saying to wait until it is out
> officially, but only mentions it in the context of 7.0 Is it possible
> just to drop in a new vmlinuz.....? I don't really want to build one.

Since kernel 2.4.1 is out officially, I'm hoping to try building it this
weekend and try dropping it into RH 7.0J.  Around 10 years ago I built some
other Unix kernels, but this will be my first time trying it in Linux.  In
particular some RH7 document says that its version of gcc can't compile the
kernel but another compiler can, so I'll have to look for it.  This weekend
might not be long enough...

Yours sincerely,
Norman Diamond