Re: radical input with Canna (was: WXG Input method. q about canna)

David Eduardo Gomez Noguera <davidgn@example.com> writes:

> On 08 Feb 2001 13:14:04 +0100
> Mike Fabian <mfabian@example.com> was chatting the other day about l and said:
>
> > David Eduardo Gomez Noguera <davidgn@example.com> writes:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > and how do you use radical input with canna? i currently use kinput2.
> >
> > [... explanation ...]

> Thank you a lot.
> this seems not to work on gnome terminal, but it works on kterm.

It works for me on kterm, rxvt, netscape, mozilla, XEmacs, Emacs (20.7
with some patches to make XIM work right).

I think without any patches to gnome-terminal, XIM doesn't work well
with the current version of gnome-terminal.

> and it has some other strange behavior in other programs.
> maybe it has something to do with the window manager?

I don't think so. The behaviour in Netscape is a bit strange indeed.
After selecting the desired kanji in the kinput2 popup window, I have
to click with the mouse at the cursor position in Netscape to get
it inserted. But that is probably a Netscape problem.

--
Mike Fabian   <mfabian@example.com>