Re: Three questions

>Has anyone set up Linux on a recent Gateway laptop?

I run RedHat 6.2 on Gateway Solo 3150. I couldn't configure
internal ethernet card but have already got used to a
PCMCIA one.

Also, sound isn't working. NeoMagic nm256 driver insertion
fails, maybe becaule of interrupt conflict. I played with it
a bit with no success but since I keep the laptop
temporarily and don't play music at work, it's ok for me.

One more complaint. X 4.0.1 works great with external
monitor, but when I switch back to LCD, the machine freezes
at the first suspend -- unless I reboot it beforehand.
LCD -> external monitor works without problems though.

Viktor