Re: man or Info? Both!! [was: problems with pow( ) in gcc]

On Wed, 2001 Jan 31 chrisb@example.com wrote:
->
-> I thought the same way, but the more I use info, the more I like it!

Yeah, I love it to ;( Especially if I try to compare, for example, "man
mknod" on other U*IX and Linux. Full man in *BSD takes at most 2-3
scroll screens of text. In Linux you see almost no information but:

SEE ALSO
       The  full  documentation for mknod is maintained as a Tex
       info manual.  If the info and mknod programs are  properly
       installed at your site, the command
       [...]
Finally when you got into 'info mknod' you see still the same 2-3
screens of text.

Is there a serious reason (beside the one mentioned by Steve already:
 'Info is just another Stallman NIHism.') for switching from man to
info in this (and a lot-lot of others) cases? I personally don't think
there's one.

--Dmytro

-> For instance, I wish all of the TeX/LaTeX package information came
-> with info(or texi) documentation, rather than .tex, .dvi formatted
-> information.  Also, since LDP switched from Linuxdoc to DocBook and
-> that toolset, there haven't been info versions for LDP docs.
->