[FYI] Sparc parts in Akihabara

Hey all,

For those of you who got a Spark Station 20 at last Saturday's meeting, here
is some information on Spark parts in Akihabara.

I didn't have much time to look last night so I only went to three shops I
know have Spark parts.

(1) Otto (www.ottonet.co.jp Sorry, Japanese site)

        They had memory 64 MB Y12,800, and many junk HDD for Y2,000 -
Y3,000. They also have a lot of complete systems, but a little expensive.

(2) ETS (www.ets.co.jp Japanese site)

      They were already closed when I got there but I looked in the window
and on there website. Memory 32 MB Y6,400 and 64 MB Y13,000. They are having
an "Opening Sale" on Ultra 5.

(3) Softmap (used parts, 2nd Floor, around the corner from Laox)

        The worker at this shop was very disappointing. I asked if they had
Sun memory. First he said he didn't have any. Then after looking he showed
me some SGI memory. So then I looked and found 4 sticks of SS10/SS20 memory.
Prices ranged from Y4,000 for 32 MB to Y14,500 for 64 MB. When I asked what
the difference between them were, another worker said Sparc memory was
dificult to understand. As a result, I recommend one of the two above.

I will be going back to Akihabara on Wednesday around 6:30 PM, if any one is
interested.

Hope this helps,
Jack