documentation path

Hello,

Recently I saw that the latest mandrake (7.2) has changed the
documentation path to /usr/share/doc. /usr/doc is empty, not even
symlinks there.
Debian has done it this way for long AFAIK, but with symlinks in
/usr/doc to /usr/share/doc.
Redhat 7.0 sticks to the old way, it still uses /usr/doc.

My question is: which one is the standard? I read something about things
like this a long time ago, but don't remember where it was.

B0Ti.