Re: Conversion tools

At 16:37 01/01/11 +0000, you wrote:
>While we're vaguely on the subject, though, does anyone have any references
>for academic papers or publications about kana->kanji conversion servers
>such as canna?

I thought the canna web site had some papers by the canna authors,
although I can't recall if it was academic.

A lot of the academic material concerning kana->kanji conversion has to
do with the correct chopping up of the kana.  The chasen site had quite
a lot of papers concerning those. Follow the link from the namazu site,
www.namazu.org.

I thought www.freewnn.org would be more helpful; maybe you might find something
on the omronsoft site.