PPP connection

I connect from my Palm Pilot to a linux box with PPP (through serial
port). I can do telnet, connect to the local HTTP server. However,
palm can't see anything on the network that the linux machine is
on. That's, obviously, the way it is with PPP, isn't it?

I wonder if I can set things up so that I can access other machines on
the network as well as the Internet. (Is IP Masquerading for this?
Sorry if it sounds stupid, I've no idea what it is :)

So basically the question is: if I connect to a machine with PPP, can
I see other machines on the network?

Thanks.

Viktor