Re: "restarting" scsi

Thank you for your response.

On Sat, 16 Dec 2000, B0Ti wrote:

> Unless you have scsi stuff compiled into the kernel,

Oops. lsmod displays no scsi-related modules, though
the scsi device is connected and working. While the individual
scsi cards and other items are compiled as modules, CONFIG_SYS
is set to Y, not M.
Maybe this should be changed?

> May I ask the reason why you need to do this? If you want to add another
> scsi device on the fly, there is a better way to do it.

I switch off scsi devices which are not used often.
The system recognizes the device if I switch it on and
then reboot; I was hoping there was a way to get the
same result without rebooting.
So I think I am trying to add another scsi device on the
fly, as you suggest above.