Re: "restarting" scsi

Tony Laszlo wrote:

> Is there a way of making Linux
> shutdown and restart the scsi
> services?

I don't know if this is the clean way to do it, but this is what I do
whenever (rarely) it becomes necessary:
First make sure the the scsi devices are not busy (unmount filesystems,
etc)
Then remove the scsi modules in the opposite order they were loaded.
After this just try to access the scsi device and the modules should be
loaded again automatically, if not so then modprobe them manually.

Unless you have scsi stuff compiled into the kernel, the above should do
it.
You can put the stuff in a script.
If the scsi modules are in /etc/modules then they should be loaded
automatically on boot (Debian, and Mandrake 7.2 does this at least),
so there is no need for an init script.
May I ask the reason why you need to do this? If you want to add another
scsi device on the fly, there is a better way to do it.

B0Ti