Re: terminal adapter

I use an ISDN TA/Router and just use it as a network device rather
than connecting serial or usb to it. My particular one is an NEC
Comstartz router and it runs a web interface so that I can configure
it from linux, albeit in Japanese.

Tom.

On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 12:12:14AM +0900, Gerhard Schuck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm stuck to a japanese ISDN terminal adapter (AIWA TM-AD 1281) which
> doesn't work correctly under linux (it does work under Windows and so I'm
> using VMware-Windows for my internet stuff). With the correct
> initialisation code it's possible to get a connection and also open a site,
> but it's toooo slow to be used. As I have read about similar experiences on
> a deja search, I doubt that it's a problem of my individual configuration.
> But I havn't found any solution yet. Does anybody know anything special
> about that?
>
> Or is it better to install an ISDN card parallel to the terminal adapter
> (which I need for phone and fax)? However it seems to be difficult to get
> ISDN cards in Japan. Here in Sapporo I couldn't find any in the major
> stores.
>
> Gerhard Schuck
>
> geschu@example.com

> Next Nomikai (and Bonenkai!): December 15 (Fri)
> Next Technical Meeting: January, 2001

Thomas O'Dowd                   Have you had your noop today?
tom@example.com                  http://www.nooper.com