terminal adapter

Hi,

I'm stuck to a japanese ISDN terminal adapter (AIWA TM-AD 1281) which
doesn't work correctly under linux (it does work under Windows and so I'm
using VMware-Windows for my internet stuff). With the correct
initialisation code it's possible to get a connection and also open a site,
but it's toooo slow to be used. As I have read about similar experiences on
a deja search, I doubt that it's a problem of my individual configuration.
But I havn't found any solution yet. Does anybody know anything special
about that?

Or is it better to install an ISDN card parallel to the terminal adapter
(which I need for phone and fax)? However it seems to be difficult to get
ISDN cards in Japan. Here in Sapporo I couldn't find any in the major
stores.

Gerhard Schuck

geschu@example.com