Problems with RH 7

Hello all.
I am having quite an annoying problems with RedHat 7.
When i have set LANG=ja_JP I can no view japanese directories with rxvt or kterm. The weird thing is i can read the japanese directories it i set LANG=en_US and LC_ALL same thing. If i call the program with that environment, o course i can not use kinput.
Also Netscape's behavior is weird. When i try to save a file it sends me to root  and i can not chanche directories.

Any suggestion other than going back? What can i do?

Thank you.

--
ICQ: 15605359 Bicho
                                  =^..^=