Re: unsubscribe instructions don't work

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 12:51:50AM +0900, Richard wrote:
> It always annoys me when people send "please unsubscribe me" messages to a
> mailing list, but the instructions given don't work. I apologize for being
> too lazy to track down the person in charge.

Sorry you had this problem.  We aren't using Majordomo any
longer (and should probably alias that name to "the person in
charge" :-).

The lists were converted to SmartList a couple of months ago.
I'll take care of unsubscribing you.

But just for your reference, or in case there are others in the
same position, you can unsubscribe by sending mail to
{listname}-request@example.com with the subject of the message
consisting of the word unsubscribe You are actually subscribed
to tlug (not tlug-digest), so you would have wanted to mail to
tlug-digest@example.com

> This list appears to be the stomping grounds of a close knit group of high
> level users. That's fine, but I don't fit that description and I feel as if
> I'm intruding here.

I think we have quite a wide range of users, but not everyone
speaks up.  I hope you'll have a chance to make it to some of
the meetings and perhaps reconsider subscribing.

Jim
occasional list weenie

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo   ICQ: 5981586