unsubscribe instructions don't work

It always annoys me when people send "please unsubscribe me" messages to a
mailing list, but the instructions given don't work. I apologize for being
too lazy to track down the person in charge.

At 12:28 AM +0900 10/19/00, Mail Delivery System wrote:
>	--- Delivery error report follows ---
>
><Majordomo@example.com>: host hikari.tlug.gr.jp said: 550 5.1.1
>    <Majordomo@example.com>... User unknown

The list owner's address doesn't work either.

At 12:31 AM +0900 10/19/00, Mail Delivery System wrote:
>	--- Delivery error report follows ---
>
><owner-tlug-digest@example.com>: host hikari.tlug.gr.jp said: 550 5.1.1
>    <owner-tlug-digest@example.com>... User unknown
>
>	--- Undelivered message follows ---

This list appears to be the stomping grounds of a close knit group of high
level users. That's fine, but I don't fit that description and I feel as if
I'm intruding here.

Rich