Re: German umlauts in japanese RedHat 6.2 don't work

> It may be possible to use the Unicode xterm, but you will have to cope
> with ugly fonts for sure, and I'm not use that Unicode xterms actually
> deal with double-width fonts properly yet.  And you have all the
> problems that come with lack of Unicode support in most applications.

If you are talking about editing text documents, and if you
need to either mix the two languages in one document or frequently
switch back and forth between German and Japanese, use Yudit with
Cyberbit or Unicode fonts. Ugly fonts shouldn't be a problem unless
you are trying to print out a document with both languages in it.
This solution (as in "answer to the problem) will work regardless
of the xterm variant you are using.

Tony Laszlo
Jiyugaoka, Tokyo