Re: Open Source

On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 07:29:48PM +0900, Jonathan Shore wrote:
> I should have mentioned, the other problem was that there was no single
> manager.  Each region had its own and frankly each region had its own
> priorities.  To me this is very characteristic of the management of many
> open source projects.

Hmm, let's see:
    Linux     - nope, single manager: Linus
    Perl      - nope, single mangaer: Jarkko
    fetchmail - nope, single manager: ESR
    BIND      - nope, single manager: Paul Vixie
    Python    - nope, single manager: Guido
    gs        - nope, single manager: Raph
    GIMP      - nope, single manager: Manish Singh
    PHP       - nope, single manager: Rasmus
    XEmacs    - nope, single manager: (Who is it this week, Vin Shelton?)

Go and read Homesteading the Noosphere again, there's a good chap.

--
<Twofish> Pokemon seems an evil concept. Kid hunts animals, and takes
them from the wild into captivity, where he trains them to fight, and