Re: ethner card problem

On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 06:50:46PM +0900, ulrike@example.com wrote:

> How complicated is this pcmica-cs config? About what type of hardware do I have
> to know what? And how/where (when) do I learn it?

Well, here's what the complete install dialog looks like (messed up a bit by
my almost-emacs mail editor).  Not much to it, really:

*****

vaio:/usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs# make config

    -------- Linux PCMCIA Configuration Script --------

    The default responses for each question are correct for most users.
    Consult the PCMCIA-HOWTO for additional info about each option.

    Linux source directory [/usr/src/linux]:

    The kernel source tree is version 2.2.17.
    The current kernel build date is Wed Aug 2 14:05:01 2000.
    WARNING: the source tree has a build date of Fri Aug 25 18:31:05 2000.
       Did you forget to install your new kernel?!?

       Alternate target install directory []:
         Module install directory [/lib/modules/2.2.17]:
	 Build 'trusting' versions of card utilities (y/n) [n]:
	 Include 32-bit (CardBus) card support (y/n) [y]:
	 Include PnP BIOS resource checking (y/n) [n]:

	 The PCMCIA drivers need to be compiled to match the kernel they
	 will be used with, or some or all of the modules may fail to load.
	 If you are not sure what to do, please consult the PCMCIA-HOWTO.

	 How would you like to set kernel-specific options?
	     1 - Read from the currently running kernel
	     2 - Read from the Linux source tree
	 Enter option (1-2) [2]:

[...]

*****