Re: hardware doctors!

Chris Sekiya wrote:
> Sure.  I replace my drives once every eighteen months (on my personal
machines,
> that is -- production boxes get theirs replaced on a much more frequent
> schedule).  Backups are a given.

Further corollary to Murphy's law: my disk was seventeen months old
when it died. No, really. I bought it in late March of last year.

Of course, it *is* my own damned fault for being too cheap to buy a
PCMCIA SCSI adapter and a CD-R burner. Oh well, it's only a week or
so of midnight oil and a year's worth of mail archive down the tube....

Shimpei.