Re: new webpage: rikai.com

    jb> Stephen J. Turnball (turnbull@example.com) wrote:

    Stephen> You know, I've considered writing a GNU readline server
    Stephen> that does nothing except provide the exec boundary
    Stephen> between any given application

    jb> The idea being a workaround for the viral aspects of the GPL?

You could call it that, yes.

    jb> I suppose that observes the letter of the law if not the
    jb> spirit,

It observes the spirit, too.  Just that it's Linus's interpretation of
the spirit of the law, not Richard's.

The application I _really_ want it for, of course, is Ghostscript,
which of course can't have it because it observes the spirit of GNU
(sharing among programmers) but not the letter of the GPL.

    jb> like note in a subsequent post, if RMS really wanted freedom,
    jb> he would have gone with the BSD license, which unlike the GPL,
    jb> [...]

    jb> We know which is more truly free.

We both know, we just know different things ;-)