Re: new webpage: rikai.com

What do you think about kaksi? It is GPLed, I heard chasen's license is a
bit unclear.
ftp://kakasi.namazu.org/pub/kakasi/

Then there was a perl script by Jeffrey Friedl called trans.pl, but its page
seems to have disappeared from the web. It also seemed to work with/in
emacs, as far as I understand.

Then there is this Perl Journal Article by Tuomas J. Lukka you might want to
have look at:
http://www.itknowledge.com/tpj/issues/vol3_2/tpj0302-0004.html

This script wwwkan.pl puts (or is supposed to do so ... maybe there was a
problem with encoding ...) edict and kanjidic entries as comments behind the
kanji, instead of using javascript. So he also seemed to have plans to
extend the script to skip known words and kanji and put in CPAN, but as I
said already, I could not find it.

This feature of skippig known words might not be needed for javascript
output, but maybe for an option to get an automatic list of new words, new
kanji, and new primitives/graphemes of kanji. It would also be nice to
automatically add words, kanji, graphemes to a learning list. I have a
dictionary of graphemes that I am allowed to use for research purposes.

Uli