RE: LAM/MPI Parallel processing

    Simon>   I find the words "_intentionally_ with malice" quite strong.

So?

    Simon> I would say that most people use the term Beowulf just

Sure.  I was talking in general.  It is still a very bad idea to use a
word "just because others do," which was your original excuse.

    Simon>   I also found that definition from http://www.beowulf.org/
    Simon> after cliking on Beowulf FAQ:

See?  If I hadn't been a complete asshole about it, you wouldn't have
done the necessary research[1], would you?  :-)

Since Don Becker is obviously trying to do a "coke"[2] on "beowulf," I
withdraw my comments with respect to that word.  The last time I
looked carefully (over a year ago, I admit), Beowulf still referred
specifically to the CESDIS project and systems using their software as
a base.

Footnotes:
[1]  Note that beowulf.org is apparently maintained by scyld.com.  The
references aren't independent.

[2]  Coca-Cola was so successful in establishing "Coke" as a synonym
for "cola," they lost the right to enforce the trade mark in the sense
that people who ask for a "coke" may be served pretty much any cola
drink.  Becker is being very smart about this, by putting beowulf in
the public domain and trademarking scyld.