Re: Linux -> Linux reinstall bootstrap ?

Frank BENNETT (lists.tlug):
>Is there a means, I wonder, of sneaking in a Debian base install, given a
>running Linux?

This isn't the answer you want, but it's fun. I've done this on a live
server, but it isn't for the faint of heart.

* Get a copy of dpkg source. Compile and install it.
* Get a copy of apt source. Compile and install it.
* Try "apt-get update" and make sure it works.
* Get a copy of the base system tarball. Untar it in the root directory.
* apt-get install dpkg
* apt-get install task-laptop
* Cross fingers.

	-- Dave Olson