Re: tlug: in subject

John Seebach wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 04:58:30PM +0200, Fredric Fredricson wrote:
> > Is there a reason why we can't get "lug:" prepended to the
> > subject line any more?
> >
> > It sure made my life (and .procmailrc files) simpler.
>
> Try something like this instead:
>
> TLUG=$MAILDIR/tlug/
>
> # Tokyo Linux Users Group
>         :0:
>         * ^Resent-From:.*tlug@example.com
>         $TLUG
>
> That's what the Resent-From: header field is there for.

In my small experience trying to get a
.procmailrc file that sorts on address fields
is an uphill battle. Sooner or later some
detail change or somebody is creative
or something and, guess what, you have to add
another line to the .procmailrc file.
And there is a different pattern for every
mailing list.
Been there, done that, several times ;-(.

Btw, for the tlug list I would pick the
Reply-To field. Tlug is the only list I have
seen that consistently sets this field. A habit
that I really wish more lists would have.

/Fredric Fredricson
--
  "Assumption is the mother of all f*ck-ups, I assume."